With Florida transfer Jeff Driskel at quarterback, Louisiana Tech is J.C. Pearson’s pick to win Conference USA’s West Division and meet Western Kentucky in the conference championship game with Marshall, Middle Tennessee State, Rice and UTEP, among others, also in the mix.
MTSU plays Louisiana Tech on Oct 24, one of 30 C-USA games that will be televised on ASN. And while UAB takes a one-year hiatus from football, the conference welcomes Charlotte, though the 49ers will not be eligible this season for one of C-USA’s seven guaranteed spots in postseason bowls.
Leading up to C-USA’s college football media day on July 21-22 in West Palm Beach, Fla., ASN wants to know:
Who do you think will win Conference USA?
- Marshall (50%, 414 Votes)
- Louisiana Tech (17%, 143 Votes)
- Middle Tennessee State (9%, 70 Votes)
- Rice (7%, 60 Votes)
- Western Kentucky (4%, 35 Votes)
- Charlotte (4%, 30 Votes)
- Old Dominion (2%, 17 Votes)
- Southern Miss (2%, 14 Votes)
- Florida Atlantic (2%, 13 Votes)
- North Texas (1%, 10 Votes)
- UTEP (1%, 7 Votes)
- UTSA (1%, 5 Votes)
- Florida International (0%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 822