The preseason votes are in and Louisiana Tech and Western Kentucky are the favorites to win the Conference USA football championship with Marshall, Middle Tennessee State, Rice and UTEP also in the mix.
- ASN’S EXPERT: Louisiana Tech, with Florida transfer Jeff Driskel at quarterback, is J.C. Pearson’s pick to win Conference USA’s West Division and meet Western Kentucky and quarterback Brandon Doughty — the conference’s offensive preseason player of the year — in the conference championship game.
- MEDIA: Louisiana Tech and Western Kentucky were also the picks the Conference USA media poll.
- FANS: Marshall and Louisiana Tech received the most votes in ASN’s online survey.
Who do you think will win Conference USA?
- Marshall (50%, 414 Votes)
- Louisiana Tech (17%, 143 Votes)
- Middle Tennessee State (9%, 70 Votes)
- Rice (7%, 60 Votes)
- Western Kentucky (4%, 35 Votes)
- Charlotte (4%, 30 Votes)
- Old Dominion (2%, 17 Votes)
- Southern Miss (2%, 14 Votes)
- Florida Atlantic (2%, 13 Votes)
- North Texas (1%, 10 Votes)
- UTEP (1%, 7 Votes)
- UTSA (1%, 5 Votes)
- Florida International (0%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 822
MTSU plays Louisiana Tech on Oct. 24, one of 30 C-USA games that will be televised on ASN. And while UAB takes a one-year hiatus from football, the conference welcomes Charlotte, though the 49ers will not be eligible this season for one of C-USA’s seven guaranteed spots in postseason bowls.