Today marks 100 days until the opening of the 2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games. The talk of the Zika virus, water pollution and security will make way for medal counts, triumphal stories and outstanding competition on a glorious global stage.
The ASN family will be well represented in Rio not only for Team USA, but also on teams from Egypt, South Africa, Argentina and nearly every nation.
Make sure you keep up with all the latest on our athletes here. Throughout the days leading up to the Games and through the final extinguishing of the Olympic flame, ASN will tell the stories of the athletes you care about.
ASN’S ROAD TO RIO
- Princeton fencer Kat Holmes hopes to make her mark in Rio
- Samford’s Seoposenwe navigating future of women’s soccer in South Africa
- Wrestler Kyle Dake’s biggest trial: Win or go home
- Nzingha Prescod ready to carve out her place in history
- At 33, Olympian Meghan Musnicki taking the row less paddled
- Dartmouth’s Madison Hughes crossed ocean to help U.S. defend rugby title
- Whatever the challenge, CSU Bakersfield’s Aly Ahmed rises to master it
- Olympic berth secure, GW’s Patricio Garino confident for A10 rising
- Former EIU runner Lauren Doyle found Olympic footing in rugby
- What can U.S. Olympic hopefuls expect to see?
- School, pool buoy Princeton Olympic hopeful Ashleigh Johnson
Above: Image courtesy Thinkstock