Watch Wednesday’s first-round games on ASN and live stream on americansportsnet.com.
WHO ARE THE FAVORITES?
- Key question: Can Dayton make another deep March tournament run led by Scoochie Smith, Dyshawn Pierre and Charles Cooke?
- Key stats: Lost 2014 Regional Finals (Florida); 2014/15 Lost third Round (Oklahoma); Charles Cook: 15.8PPG, 6.0RPG; Soochie Smith: 11.8PPG 4.1APG (No. 9 A10); Dyshawn Pierre: Conference 12.7PPG, 8.7RPG (No. 5 A10).
- Key question: Can any A-10 team handle 40 minutes of havoc, guard Melvin Johnson and challenge Mo Alie-Cox in the paint?
- Key stat: 9.1 steals per game (No. 5 NCAA), +4.2 turnover margin (No. 7 NCAA); Mo Alie-Cox: Conference 11.0PPG, 5.5RPG, 2.2BPG (No. 2 A10); Melvin Johnson: Conference 17.8PPG (No. 8 A10), 3.2RPG, 1.2SPG.
- Key question: Which team has two high quality defenders who can neutralize the Hawks’ Dynamic Duo?
- Key stats: Isaiah Miles 18.0PPG (No. 8 A10), 8.1RPG (No. 5 A10) and DeAndre’ Bembry 17.0PPG, 7.8RPG (No. 6 A10), 4.5APG (No. 8 A10); last nine games (6-3) 81.9PPG, 72.6PPG allowed, +9.3PPG margin.
WHO ELSE COULD MAKE A RUN?
- George Washington: Can Colonials find their November/December Power 5 beating form in Brooklyn this week?
- Davidson: Will Jack Gibbs go all Steph Curry on the A-10 and make this tournament his finest hour for the Wildcats?
- St. Bonaventure: Can Jaylen Adams and the Bonnies put together one last run to secure an NCAA bid?
- Rhode Island: Can Danny Hurley lead Rams to an A-10 championship with a depleted roster?
PROJECTED AUTOMATIC BID