The new series, called “Minor League Baseball Sunday Showcase,” will debut with a Pacific Coast League (Triple-A) matchup between the Iowa Cubs and the El Paso Chihuahuas on Sunday, May 31, at Southwest University Park in El Paso, Texas. The series will continue weekly on Sunday nights with the finale being a South Atlantic League (Single-A) matchup between North Carolina rivals, the Hickory Crawdads and the Greensboro Grasshoppers.
As part of the agreement, 25 teams, 11 leagues and 20 Major League Baseball affiliates will be featured on the “Minor League Baseball Sunday Showcase.” Additionally, ASN will televise two All-Star Games, beginning with the Florida State League (Advanced-A) matchup Saturday, June 20, from Port St. Lucie, Fla., and the Midwest League (Single-A) All-Star Game Tuesday, June 23, from Peoria, Ill.
“We're proud to enter into this relationship with Minor League Baseball, a leading sports property,” commented Doron Gorshein, COO of Sinclair Networks Group. “This initiative extends our sports brand, deepens our connection to our communities, and enhances localism. We’re pleased to enter into this relationship. This agreement makes our offering more robust and helps take ASN to the next level.”
ASN has enlisted Dave Armstrong, Keith Moreland and Brian McRae to provide play-by- play and analysis on the Minor League Baseball package. Armstrong, who will do play-by-play, served as the primary television voice of the Kansas City Royals (1993–1995), followed by six seasons with the Colorado Rockies (1996–2001). Moreland, a 12-year MLB veteran who played for the Phillies, Cubs and Padres, and Brian McRae, who played 10 seasons in Major League Baseball and six seasons in Minor League Baseball, will serve as color analysts. Moreland’s broadcast experience includes serving as TV and radio analyst for Texas Longhorns baseball and football. He also worked as lead radio analyst for the Chicago Cubs, and as a college baseball TV analyst for ESPN. McRae has worked as a television studio analyst for ESPN’s Baseball Tonight, WGN and SportsChannel Chicago, and part-time game analyst for the Kansas City Royals.
“We look at our new relationship with ASN as yet another way to expand the reach of Minor League Baseball beyond the ballpark,” said Michael Hand, Minor League Baseball CMO and President, MiLB Enterprises. “We have been a part of the sports landscape for more than a century and provided entertainment to millions of fans. We’re thrilled to bring the Minor League Baseball grassroots experience into more American homes and tell the incredible stories of our clubs while highlighting the commitment made to each community.”
The full lineup of games:
- May 31: Iowa Cubs (Cubs) at El Paso Chihuahuas (Padres), 7 p.m. ET
- June 7: Carolina Mudcats (Braves) at Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Cubs), 6 p.m. ET
- June 14: Greensboro Grasshoppers (Marlins) at Lexington Legends (Royals), 6 p.m. ET
- June 20: Florida State League All-Star Game at Port St. Lucie, Fla., 7 p.m. ET
- June 21: Harrisburg Senators (Nationals) at Altoona Curve (Pirates), 6 p.m. ET
- June 23: Midwest League All-Star Game at Peoria, Ill., 7 p.m. ET
- June 28: Springfield Cardinals (Cardinals) at Arkansas Travelers (Angels), 7 p.m. ET
- July 5: Akron RubberDucks (Indians) at Richmond Flying Squirrels (Giants), 6 p.m. ET
- July 12: Spokane Indians (Rangers) at Hillsboro Hops (Diamondbacks), 7 p.m. ET
- July 19: Aberdeen IronBirds (Orioles) at Tri-City ValleyCats (Astros), 6 p.m. ET
- July 26: Durham Bulls (Rays) at Norfolk Tides (Orioles), 6 p.m. ET
- Aug. 2: Nashville Sounds (Athletics) at Omaha Storm Chasers (Royals), 6 p.m. ET
- Aug. 9: Birmingham Barons (White Sox) at Pensacola Blue Wahoos (Reds), 6 p.m. ET
- Aug. 16: Gwinnett Braves (Braves) at Columbus Clippers (Indians), 6 p.m. ET
- Aug. 23: Hickory Crawdads (Rangers) at Greensboro Grasshoppers (Marlins), 6 p.m. ET