Three things to watch heading into the WAC men’s basketball tournament, which tips off Thursday.
- Key question: Who is going to contain Pascal Siakum and snap the Aggies WAC dominance?
- Key stats: 4 consecutive NCAA appearances; Siakam: 20.6PPG (No. 22 NCAA), 11.8RPG (No. 8 NCAA), 25 double/doubles (No. 2 NCAA).
- Key question: In a wild WAC, CSU Bakersfield is a run and gun bunch. Can anyone slow down these Roadrunners?
- Key stats: Conference wins: 78.5PPG, 48%FG; losses: 62.0PPG, 36%FG.
- Key question: Can Seattle play in the low 60s against the up-tempo WAC?
- Key stats: 1-7 when allowing over 67 points, 6-0 when holding teams under 62 points.
THREE CONTENDERS AND A WILD CARD
- Utah Valley
- Chicago State
PROJECTED AUTOMATIC BID
NEW MEXICO STATE