It’s that time! Here are three things you should know for the Southern Conference men’s basketball tournament, which tips off Thursday:
- Key question: Does anyone have the depth of scoring to stop the Mocs?
- Key stats: Top 8 players: 91% minutes, 90% points and 90% rebounds per game; won 21 of last 24 games; wins against Georgia, Illinois and at Dayton.
- Key question: Will the Bucs’ Dynamic Duo continue to carry the load all the way to the NCAA Tournament?
- Key stats: Ge’Lawn Guyn 18.1 ppg (No. 2 SoCon), 41% 3-pointers; T.J. Cromer 15.1 ppg (No. 6 SoCon), 37% 3-pointers; Power 5 win at Georgia Tech.
- Key question: Can the Terriers ride their collective 3-point shooting and defense to another SoCon crown?
- Key stats: 44% 3-pointers (No. 1 SoCon), 30% 3-point defense (No. 1), 9.2 3-pointers per game (No. 2 SoCon); battle tested in non-conference road games at Missouri, North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Clemson and Vanderbilt.
THREE CONTENDERS AND A DARKHORSE
- Western Carolina
- UNC Greensboro
PROJECTED AUTOMATIC BID