It’s that time! And here are three things you should know for the Ohio Valley men’s basketball tournament, which tips off Wednesday:
- Key questions: Can any OVC team keep Belmont from their fifth NCAA appearance in the last six years? Can anyone stop the dynamic duo of Evan Bradds and Craig Bradshaw?
- Key stats: Bradds 17.7 points per game (No. 4 OVC), 9.6 rebounds per game (No. 2 OVC), 70% FGs (No. 1 NCAA); Bradshaw 16.3 ppg (No. 7 OVC), 2.8 3-pointers made per game (No. 1 OVC).
- Key questions: Which OVC coach engineered the best turnarounds in the country? Answer: Tennessee State. Can anyone stop the Tigers and their young coach and ever improving team?
- Key stats: +15 overall wins from last season (No. 1 NCAA). Also, +8 conference wins and +15.6 ppg from last season.
- Key question: Who is the hottest team in the OVC? Can UTM continue streaking all the way to the NCAA tournament?
- Key stat: Won 8 of last 9 games after a 2-5 start in conference play.
THREE CONTENDERS AND A DARKHORSE
- Murray State
- Tennessee Tech
- Morehead State
- Eastern Illinois
PROJECTED AUTOMATIC BID