Three things to watch heading into the MAC men’s basketball tournament, which resumes Thursday.
- Key question: All coach Keith Dambrot does is win in the MAC. This edition is driven by the Zips’ 3-ball game. Who can stop them?
- Key stats: 40% 3PT (No. 12 NCAA), 28.9% 3PT defense (No.2 NCAA), 12.1 3PT made (No. 2 NCAA); wins: 41% 3PT, 28% 3PT defense; losses: 35% 3PT, 32% 3PT defense.
- Key question: Coach Saul Phillips loves to GO! The Bobcats can outscore anyone. What MAC team can stop the Bobcats attack?
- Key stats: 78.9 PPG (No. 47 NCAA), 48% FG (No. 30 NCAA), 39% 3PT (No. 24 NCAA); Antonio Campbell 17.2 PPG (No. 4 MAC), Jaaron Simmons 15.3 PPG (No. 9 MAC), 7.7 assists per game (No. 3 NCAA); last nine games: (7-2) 81.8 PPG, 49% FG.
- Key question: Who will be able to turnover Chris Fowler and the Chippewas?
- Key stats: Overall 9.1 TO per game (No.2 NCAA), 1.5/1 A/TO ratio (No. 19 NCAA); Chris Fowler: MAC-only 17.2PPG (No. 5 MAC), 6.1 APG (No. 2 MAC), 2.4/1 A/TO ratio (No. 2 MAC).
- Eastern Michigan
- Northern Illinois
PROJECTED AUTOMATIC BID