Lead analyst Mark Adams previews the A10 (click here for final bracket):
The A-10 was predictable until an injury to VCU’s Briante Weber at the end of January changed the dynamics of the conference race. I still predict the Rams will win their tournament, but this is a deep conference with top players and teams. Here’s what I see:
LIKELY TO RECEIVE AT AN-LARGE BID
Quality Wins: Texas A&M, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Miss, @ St Bonaventure
Elite National Rankings: The Flyers have been a top-30 defensive team all season long, holding opponents to about 60 points. They have also defended the three well; opponents are only 30 percent from beyond the arc.
- Ability to score. When the Flyers score more than 65, they are undefeated but are just 6-5 when scoring less.
- Team defense has been consistently stingy.
- Jordan Sibert and Dyshawn Pierre are a solid 1-2 scoring punch, typically producing 30 points a game for the Flyers.
- Depth. Just seven players get significant minutes.
- This team gives up points at just below 70 per game.