In case you missed it this weekend:
- UMKC defeated Mississippi State, 72-67, Saturday on ASN to mark its second victory over an SEC school in the last two seasons. UMKC’s Martez Harrison led the way for the Kangaroos with 21 points, 4 assists and 2 rebounds.
- Southeast Missouri and Ole Miss met for the second time on Saturday. Ole Miss now leads the series 2-0 after SEMO fell to the Rebels, 75-64. Ole Miss improved to a 7-2 while SEMO dropped to 0-9.
- No. 1 Jacksonville State defeated Charleston Southern on Friday night 58-38 to advance to the semifinals of the FCS playoffs. Charleston Southern had not allowed 200 yards rushing in a game all year and the Gamecocks put up 508 rushing yards. They advanced to the FCS semifinals for the first time in school history and became the first Ohio Valley team to reach the semis since 1991.
- Sam Houston State will play JSU next weekend in the semifinals after a 48-21 victory over Colgate on Saturday.
- No. 7-seeded Richmond upset No. 2 Illinois State on Friday night 39-27 to move on to the FCS Playoffs semifinals. The Spiders will face No. 3 North Dakota State, which beat Northern Iowa on Saturday 23-13 in the quarterfinals. The Bisons continue their quest for their fifth consecutive FCS title.
- Louisiana Tech defeated in-state rival Louisiana-Lafayette 91-79 on Saturday. This marked their their 36th win in a row at home. Alex Hamilton (30), Erik McCree (25) and Dayon Griffin (22) made for a dynamic trio on Saturday, combining for 77 points.
- Western Michigan goalie Lukas Hafner made 30 saves as the Broncos beat Colorado College 5-3 on ASN. Hafner, coming off hip surgery, played consecutive games for the first time this season. Trey Bradley scored for CC.
More highlights from #SocialSaturday on Twitter @LiveOnASN:
— Ashlea Bullington (@abullington0) December 13, 2015