In cased you missed it Saturday:
- Ivy League rivals Penn and Princeton met for the 107th time this weekend for what proved to be a game worth watching. The Quaker took destiny into their own hands after blocking Princeton’s shot at a game-winning field goal. Penn took the overtime 26-23 win with a field goal of their own on homecoming weekend.
- FCS No. 1-ranked Jacksonville State extended its winning streak with a24-3 victory over Eastern Illinois. Quarterback Eli Jenkins carried the team with 242 total yards on the day. This win will solidify their spot at the top of the FCS Polls.
- FCS No. 11 South Dakota State upset No. 2 Illinois State, 25-20 — just one of the many upsets this weekend in college football.
- Mercer recorded the biggest win in the program’s Southern Conference history with an upset over No. 3 Chattanooga. Their 17-14 win was the program’s first victory over a Top 25 opponent and it gave UTC it first league defeat this season.
- Harvard wins … again! The Crimson defeated Columbia with a final score of 24-16. This takes their win-streak to 22 in a row — the third longest streak in their long school history. It was also be their 16th Ivy League win (14th road win).
More highlights from #SocialSaturday on Twitter @LiveOnASN:
— American Sports Net (@LiveOnASN) November 7, 2015
— Jeff McCarragher (@jeffmccarragher) November 7, 2015
— David Saltzman (@davidsaltzman) November 7, 2015
Harvard wins! Crimson defeats Columbia, 24-16, for its 22nd in a row, third longest streak in school history. Also 16th Ivy win & 14th road
— Harvard Football (@HarvardFootball) November 7, 2015
— Southland Conference (@SouthlandSports) November 7, 2015
— FCS Football (@NCAA_FCS) November 7, 2015
— Josh Looney (@JoshLooney) November 8, 2015