ASN studio anchor Doug Chapman notes it was a good Thursday night for Conference USA as FIU and WKU won and UTSA played well vs Arizona.
“Also, Central Michigan hung with Oklahoma State and Ohio went on the road and beat Idaho (MAC teams). With the new College Football Playoff structure wins like the CUSA ones mean more in strengthening the conference as a whole. Which means if a team runs the table in CUSA, they have a better shot at a bigger bowl game than the Boca Bowl tie-in. Also, I learned that even though they won Brandon Doughty lost any shot at a sniff of the Heisman …”
In cased you missed it:
- Western Kentucky beat Vanderbilt 14-12 when Joe Brown stopped a 2-point conversion for Conference USA’s first victory against the SEC since 2010.
- UTSA almost beat No. 22 Arizona, falling 42-32 on a record night for Roadrunners quarterback Blake Bogenschutz and wide receiver David Morgan.
- FIU scored the first points of the FBS season on Austin Taylor’s 28-yard field goal in the Panthers’ 15-14 victory against Central Florida.
- In the first game in school history, Kennesaw State beat East Tennessee State 56-16, scoring on three plays of 40 or more yards.
- Southeastern Louisiana rushed for 438 rushing yards on the way to a 34-20 victory against Northwestern State in the opener on ASN.
— American Sports Net (@LiveOnASN) September 4, 2015
— American Sports Net (@LiveOnASN) September 3, 2015
David Morgan II’s 9 catches are a program record and he became the 1st WR with 100+ yds in a game since Cole Hubble on Nov. 3, 2012. — UTSA Football (@UTSAFTBL) September 4, 2015
Join us for #SocialSaturday on Twitter @LiveOnASN to get live updates on Saturday’s games.