NOTICE: EFFECTIVE JULY 16, 2015, THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN EXTENDED DUE TO LACK OF SUFFICIENT ENTRIES.
NEW ENTRY DEADLINE DATES AND THE WINNER SELECTION DATE HAVE BEEN CHANGED AND REFLECTED IN THE CONTEST RULES BELOW.
ASN MASCOT RULES
Who Can Enter
- To be eligible to participate, entrants must be (legal) U.S. residents, 18 years or older, reside in the viewing area across the United States, and be existing users of Facebook, if entering via Facebook.
- Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Networks Group, LLC dba American Sports Network (“ASN” or the “Company”), social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations and networks, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
- No purchase necessary to enter. Only one (1) entry per person.
- To enter, log onto Americansportsnet.com or liveonasn.com to access the Official “ASN Mascot” Entry Form/Release. Complete the Entry Form/Release, and submit it with a picture of your original concept to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10:00 p.m. EDT Oct. 16, 2015. Photo must be in .jpeg or PDF format. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
- By entering, the entrant represents and warrants that (i) the picture and/or drawing is of his/her mascot concept, (ii) he/she owns the picture submitted, (iii) the picture and mascot concept does not violate the rights of any third parties, and (iv) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye). No lewd, nude, or offensive pictures or drawings (as determined by the Company in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Company reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
- The contest starts on Aug. 28 2015 at 12:00 p.m. EDT, and ends on Oct. 16, 2015 at 10:00 p.m. EDT. All entries must be received by 10:00 p.m. EDT on Oct. 16, 2015 to be considered for judging. The Company is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction, or if the email is not received.
- Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of five (5) judges comprised of American Sports Network personnel based on the following criteria: appearance/quality (25%), creativity (25%),overall design (25%), and overall ASN Image (25% ). On Oct. 17, 2015 the judges will determine one (1) grand prize winner based on the criteria set forth above. The decisions of the judges shall be final. The Company reserves the right to cancel the contest and/or not select a winner if insufficient entries are received.
- All entries (including drawings and pictures) received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including drawings and pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- One (1) grand prizewinner will receive a $1,500 cash gift card. The winner will also be credited as the official creator of the ASN mascot on the ASN website, however, the Company reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to not use the winning ASN mascot. The grand prize winner warrants that the Company and its successors and assigns will have the unfettered right to copyright the ASN mascot and to exercise sale and exclusive rights to make copies, sell, exploit, rent, lease, license, distribute, broadcast, exhibit or otherwise use or dispose of the ASN mascot throughout the world in any and all media, known or unknown, for no royalty fee or license fee whatsoever.
- The winner will be notified by email and telephone. Before claiming prizes, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Company at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five days of notification, at the time each winner claims his/her prize. The Company reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Winner may be required to sign additional documents as determined by the Company relating to the copyright of the winning ASN mascot as described above.
- If a winner cannot be notified within five days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility in a timely manner, then the prize will be forfeited, and [if time permits,] the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest number of valid votes, as determined by the Company in its sole and absolute discretion.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Company. The Company has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
- Only one prize will be awarded per household.
- Sinclair Networks Group, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
- Sinclair Networks Group, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
- In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Networks Group, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
- Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries and votes received.
- Complete contest rules are available Monday through Sunday on the network’s website at www.americansportsnet.com.
- For a list of prizewinners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to American Sports Network, 1100 Fairfield Ave West Palm Beach FL 33407 by October 31, 2015.
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Networks Group, LLC dba American Sports Network, and social media platforms accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
- The Company cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information.
- The Company reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the aforementioned contest dates.
- By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Sinclair Networks Group, LLC, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
- Facebook, Inc., and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Company this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.